Friday, August 24, 2012

Jinx! or just Pathetic?? - Republished




OMG!! It took me 2 capsules of Mefenamic acid, a 1 hour nap and a Folgers French vanilla coffee to awaken my wits! I feel so gloomy and wasted, my whole body aches! My legs, foot, shoulders, arms, lower back, abs (ups.. ab only hehe) all because of our Last climb at CINCO PICOS-SILANGIN TRAVERSE. Subic, Zambales.

While going home at the bus, Shirley sent a text message saying “Hanggang sa pag-uwi inaalat ka” and I start to ponder, oo nga!? Am I??

I start to make some thoughts of what may be considered a jinx!

   1. HEADLAMP - The day before the climb I ask Shirley to buy me a headlamp because there is a possibility of night trek if we are going to push thru going down to the beach the same day of our trek up. When I met her and Geng and took the headlamp and load a battery on it. The headlamp did not worked properly, usable but not working as expected.
   2. TREK- I never had any idea the difficulty of the climb, as I have read the IT it’s an easy climb; sure it is minus the sun scorching heat, minus the stress of not sleeping overnight. It was so hot, the trail was open-miner’s road, the heat coming out of my body and the heat coming from the sun, burn my head! It was so unbearable, add up the heat absorption property of my black arm visor and black trek pants PLUS never wear a GORE TEX shoe on a hot day!! Aaahhh!!! My eyes are heavy I am sooo.. Sleepy.. I was left behind from the UP-PGH Sweeper for almost 30mins away. I don’t care if I was left behind, I need to nap every time I sat and I don’t care what they say, I am DYING!!

Thank god that after 4 hours of the whole 7 hours trek, the guide helped me by switching our packs, gosh it really gives a relief.. Although I am still the last man of the trekkers, I was able to catch up their pace and been able to reach the finish line first of the last five and I am so PROUD of myself! Hahahaha…

   3. TREK DOWN TO THE BEACH – Everything was gone smoothly, the sun still at the back of the mountain we climbed so it gives us cool air, our guide instead of trekking the known trail he direct us to some shortcut routes, we had a good trek because of some educational tour-we saw a nest with egg under the hole in the sand but was not able to identify which bird was it, saw another one in between the bamboo tree with chicks inside and our guide showed us a Beetle grub I am not sure exactly which kind but I suspect it’s a giant beetle or a rhino beetle he says it taste good and its their favorite food, then suddenly he rushed to run to catch something and we learned after that he saw a big monitor lizard but was not able to catch up. But it’s not part of the JINX! It’s my shoe! My god that is one big problem with my shoe, when you used them trekking down its like torture hell for your finger foot not to mention trekking boulders from waterways..

I have decided to pack it up and tucked at my bag’s shock cord outside and instead use my BEACHWALK slipper, aahhh.. Heaven!

   4. THE BEACH – After 4 hours of trekking down and impatience, lots of cursing and delirium, we have finally reach the beach the coolness of the air and shades of trees welcomes us, warm water to dip in and benches and soft sand to lay down our aching bodies. Again it is not a JINX, my jinx at that time was while taking a swim on the sea, saw the back of my foot on my fingers a lump, its like the skin was swollen, it was a blister but my skin was too thick so there is no danger of having it rupture, but stupid me, thinking that it would be better to burst my blister to make it heal easy, I pinch em, and shit, it was so painful, there’s a sharp burn I felt every time the saltwater touches.
   5. SHOE (again?) – We took a nap after a swim, then reaches 11:20 am the two boats we rent came to pick us up. As we fix our things I thought something missing! Oh my F**** shit! My SHOE was gone!! I thought trekking on the heavy foliage I was caught up by a vine I fought the pull of the vine and got released but I never thought that it was hooked up on my shoe tucked on my bag’s shock cord! WHAT SHALL I DO?? I can’t leave them there! I had to go back and thanks to mike he ushered our guide to accompany me since he knows the trail, and saw the face of our guide frowned and his heavy emotion, but he got to do what he got to do! He walk fast, I had to catch up with him, stupid me again I forgot to bring water, it was high noon and the SUN was roasting us! A small drop of fire would burn the whole mountain at that time! And finally I was right; we found it at the same spot I was hooked up by the vine!
   6. BUS CHAIR – When we arrived at Pundaquit beach and meet up Mr. florante the owner of the boat we used, a squid waiting us for lunch, calamari, grilled and adobo. With warm rice and cold water to drink, after eating we fix ourselves and headed back to the terminal in olongapo. As we took our seat assignment my F*** chair was broken, I can’t sleep because of my seat inclined on its own, and the lady at my back was irate and it bothers me every time my seat moves down meaning I was not able to sleep the whole travel!! Aaahhhh!!

And that ends the JINXES!! Finally when I reached home good food and a warm embrace of my nephew welcomes me.

There’s no one to blame if I had felt those agony, only me! Hahaha.. Is it a jinx? Or it’s just the lame me?? Whatever! To sum up the travel, it was a great experience, the adventure and the beauty of the place offers! (I saw again the MILKYWAY the sky was so clear!) If you ask me if I’m going back there? I would say, “Let me check my Schedule” hahaha!

Thanks to Mike who Organize the climb, he had my respect, he is a leader by example, to Eric too for being friendly and amiable, to Shirley and Geng who uplift my spirit in times I am soooo… sleepy! Hehehe.,.

No comments:

Post a Comment